Throughout the fall months the Golden Triangle BID is bringing art, music and fitness to the neighborhood. Whether you seek a new routine, lunch break entertainment or family-friendly date night, GLDN+ events has you covered.
Healthy Happy Hour
This fall’s outdoor pilates classes will be taught by a certified instructor, Vivian Thurman, at Murrow Park (1800 Pennsylvania Ave NW) from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
The classes will take place every week from Sept. 20 through Oct. 25. Attendance is free, and no equipment is needed. Register to attend here.
Beat the Lunchtime Blues
Local DC musicians and groups will highlight the downtown lunch hour this fall. Beginning Sept. 20 through Oct. 25, enjoy a variety of different sounds in the afternoon at the GLDN+ Parklets. Musicians will perform 12 to 2 p.m. each Wednesday:
- September 27: World-jazz with Veronneau at the M Street GLDN+ Parklet (1800 block of M St. NW)
- October 4: Latin Pop with Mauro Mir at the I Street GLDN+ Parklet (1706 I St. NW)
- October 11: Classical with DuPont Strings at the N Street GLDN+ Parklet ( 1300 Connecticut Ave NW)
- October 18: Swing with Nataly Merezhuk at the M Street GLDN+ Parklet (1800 block of M St. NW)
- October 25: Soul with Tre. Charles at the I Street GLDN+ Parklet (1706 I St. NW)
In collaboration with DC’s Office of Cable Television, Film, Music & Entertainment and the Art All Night event, enjoy live Go-Go music and a DJ in Dupont Circle at the Connecticut Avenue Overlook on Friday Sept. 29 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Visit goldentriangledc.com to learn more about upcoming events downtown.
Sarah Payne is a reporter for Capital Community News. She can be reached at email@example.com.