In conjunction with the National Cherry Blossom Festival, NoMa’s neighborhood celebration features activities for everyone to enjoy this spring season. Beginning March 20 through April 16 art, fitness and family activities in addition to a variety of local restaurant food and drink specials will be available to residents and visitors of the neighborhood.
The NoMa Business Improvement District (BID) invites all neighbors to participate in the third annual spring celebration featuring the following events:
- The En Flor pop-up art exhibit, open March 21 through April 23, explores the work and impact of LatinX artists in and around the District. The gallery will be open Tuesday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Eckington Hall (611 Eckington Pl NE).
- A community 5k run will take place on Saturday March 25 at 9 a.m. at Alethia Tanner Park (227 Harry Thomas Way NE). All runners and walkers are welcome. A post run party and yoga for runners session will follow. You can register for the run here.
- The NoMa in Bloom Festival will take place on April 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Alethia Tanner Park (227 Harry Thomas Way NE). The event will feature kite flying, live music, a live chalk mural and an artisan market. You can RSVP to attend here.
- Visit the Wunder Garten (1101 First St. NE) for drinks, bites and to view the giant cherry blossom sculpture “The Gift” by Patrick Guyton. The establishment is also hosting a Cherry Blossom Paint Party on Tuesday March 28 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and a Nicki Minaj Pink Friday Dance Party on Friday March 31 at 8 p.m.
- The Marrow hotel (222 M St. NE) will feature cherry blossom cookie decorating classes on Saturdays through April 22 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Each session will include a light lunch and everything needed to create beautiful, seasonally inspired confections. You can purchase tickets here.
You can learn more about NoMa in Bloom and the events happening near you this spring at nomabid.org.
Sarah Payne is a reporter for Capital Community News. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.