Advertising Sales Associate (Remote but must live in DC)
Capital Community News, publisher of the Hill Rag, MidCity DC & East of the River newspapers with associated digital platforms, is looking for a locally-based, full-time sales professional to join our high-performing team. Responsibilities include selling prints ads and digital packages. Candidates must have proven sales experience and excellent communication skills. We offer a base salary plus commission, health and dental insurance, 401k, paid federal holidays and vacation. Sales people can expect to make approximately $70,000 their first year. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build lasting relationships with customers and meet clear performance expectations. This job is remote so candidates must have good internet connectivity and be able to work with minimal daily supervision.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Create and sell integrated media programs.
- Cold call and prospect for new customers.
- Develop and prepare sales proposals and custom marketing presentations for advertising clients.
- Attend networking, community, and client events providing a strong representation of the CCN brand.
- Respond proactively to client requests for proposals, advertising information and materials.
- Execute and communicate weekly sales recaps to management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) – Communications field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of sales/marketing experience (print, digital, event sponsorship, social media.
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate to a full range of clients – from small businesses to government accounts and advertising agencies.
- Experience using a sales CRM.
- Cold calling and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as database management, and internet research tools
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal daily supervision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and finalize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.